The Municipal Chief Executive of the Sefwi Wiawso Municipal Assembly, Hon. Louis Owusu-Agyepong announced to Hon. Members that the Municipal has received funding from the Central Government to reconstruct and expand the Sefwi Wiawso and Amafie Water Systems.
As part of the contract, 2No. 300 Meters Cube GLTs and I No. 100 Meters Cube Booster Tanks will be installed at vantage locations in Sefwi Wiawso and its peripheral Communities to argument the water supply in Wiawso and its surrounding communities.
He also stated the scope of works for the contract were not limited to the above but also captured the following:
· Construction of 20No. Public Standpipes in Sefwi Wiawso and Amafie Water System
· Construction of 1No. Office Building for the Water and Sanitation Agency in Wiawso
· Construction of 39km Distribution Pipelines in Wiawso and Amafie Water System
· Supply and installation of Hybrid Solar/Grid Booster Pumps
· Construction of 3No. Booster Pump Houses
· Construction of 2No. 300 Meters Cube Ground Level RC Reservoirs and
· 1No. 100 Meters Cube HLT at 12 meters high
The Municipal Chief Executive added that the contract has already been awarded to a contractor by the Central Government to complete work within a twelve month period starting from Wednesday, 21st December, 2022 to Saturday, 21st December, 2023.
The Municipal Chief Executive entreated all Hon. Members to assist the Contractor and the Consultant any time they fall on them in order to expedite this project.